It is unsightly and unprofessional for our health to have a prominent abdomen, so we tell you today ** YES and NO if you want to reduce belly ** with the help of your diet.
NO to reduce belly
While some eating habits can help prevent or reverse the excess abdominal fat, there are certain foods you should avoid to reduce belly.
NO in your diet to reduce abdominal fat are:
- Alcohol: The intake of more than 14 units of alcohol a week, i.e. more than two glasses a day, is linked to increased accumulation of visceral fat or the middle of the body. This link has also been observed in other research, regardless of the type of alcoholic beverage is swallowed.
- Sodas and sugary drinks, that may contain fructose in high proportions and the same has been associated with increased waist circumference and fat in our body. Even soft drinks light are not therefore also have been linked to increased abdominal fat.
- Snacks and commercial biscuits : for its richness in trans fatty acids, these foods encourage fat deposits in the abdominal area as has been demonstrated in a study, regardless of the calories in the diet. In addition, the presence in them of fats and simple hydrates and / or salt, encourages us to eat more and it, can lead to a greater storage of fat in the body.
- Sugar and sweets : industrial bakery, goodies, table sugar and anything containing it can favor the development of stomach due to its high glycemic index is associated with greater abdominal fat. In addition, many sweets or industrial pastries also contain trans fats which are one more factor that we should avoid if we want to reduce waist circumference.
These are the food and / or factors in your diet you should be reduced if your intention is to lose belly or prevent its development.
YES to reduce abdominal fat
As there is a list of factors that are associated with further development of stomach and therefore, should reduce in the diet, there are also foods that can help reduce their presence.
YES to reduce abdominal fat are:
- Fiber : A diet low in fiber is associated with increased abdominal fat, while sufficient amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber favor the reduction of visceral fat or located in the middle of the body. Therefore, against the belly, more whole grains, legumes, fruits and fresh vegetables.
- Dairy : with fruits, dairy products were linked to lower abdominal fat when predominate in the diet also if we limit calories, yogurt can be very helpful because it helps reduce fat in the abdomen, as has completed one investigation.
- Fish : to be rich in omega 3 which help reduce body fat and have anti – inflammatory effect, intake may be key, especially in replacement of other meats, to reduce localized fat in the abdomen.
- Nuts : as we have in nuts consumed in amounts of daily handful, can help reduce belly, with its rich in unsaturated fats and powerful antioxidants polyphenols as well as for its richness in fiber.
Then a diet that includes to reduce belly and limit the NO before these can help with regular training and other healthy lifestyle to lose that unsightly paunch habits.